Dominik Hasek shut out Russia in the 1998 Olympic final – but who got the winner for the Czechs?
Celebrate Asian Olympics, earn great prizes
If you pride yourself on loving both men’s and women’s Olympic hockey, here’s your chance to test your knowledge and win prizes.
In this IIHF trivia contest, we’re spotlighting the two previous Winter Olympics that took place in Asia: Sapporo 1972 and Nagano 1998.
The deadline for contest entries is 5 February 2018.
Three randomly selected entries with all 10 correct answers will win a digital issue of the 2018 IIHF Guide & Record Book on a USB stick.
Email your answers, as well as your name and current mailing address, to [email protected].
1) How old was Mark Howe when he won silver with the U.S. in Sapporo?
2) Which Asian nation played for women’s bronze in Nagano?
3) In 1998, which Russian NHL star got five goals against Finland?
4) Who led the Olympic women’s tournament in scoring in 1998?
5) In Sapporo, who was the Soviet Union’s starting goalie?
6) How many nations played in the 1998 women’s tournament?
7) In Nagano, who scored Japan’s shootout winner against Austria?
8) Who was Canada’s youngest female player in Nagano?
9) Who scored the winner for the Czechs in the 1998 men’s final?
10) What was the name of the arena where the 1998 women’s final took place?